International Farm Management – making overseas land investments work
If you are considering investing in land or a farming business overseas or have already invested, but do not think you are getting the most from your investment, then we can help. Velcourt has considerable experience providing farm management with/for investors to ensure land delivers short-term returns as well as meeting long-term investment goals.
We have extensive first-hand experience of providing business and technical management skills in Eastern Europe, former Soviet Union, Africa, Australia, Germany and Portugal, focusing on making farming businesses more effective and delivering returns to the investors. The Velcourt International Farm Management Service offers:
- Experience managing farm businesses in challenging overseas environments including risk management
- Provision of a range of services to meet individual client’s requirements
- Executive Farm Management in a wide range of countries focused on arable and dairy
- Farm business appraisals and due diligence undertaken
- Provision of technical advice within arable and dairy sectors
- Preparation of detailed business plans and budgets
- Reporting and liaising with auditors
- Forecasting and cash flow management
- Development of suitable business structures, including offshore
- Tax planning
- Internal control assessment, implementation and monitoring
- Fund raising through equity, loan finance or third party debt
- Investment in overseas farming projects
Our international team includes:
Brian heads up our international section for Eastern Europe, Africa and South America. Brian has experience of large-scale farming in Russia and more recently has been involved in strategic management and due diligence reviews in Ukraine and Romania.
Robbie is our Livestock Director. He has experience of managing large-scale dairy units in Germany, Portugal and Hungary and can provide guidance on dairy systems, forage planning and nutrition as well as issues around labour structure, unit design, long-term investment and financial management across all unit types and sizes.
David is the Velcourt Group Finance Director. He has been involved in all our overseas projects including at client company board level . David is a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants and together with his team of ACA and ACCA qualified accountants specialises in taking raw financial data from overseas and presenting meaningful financial information to Investors. He also has a broad experience of legal matters and liaising with Lawyers and other professionals.